Australian passport holders do not need a visa to enter Australia. New Zealand passport holders can travel to Australia without a visa and obtain a visa on arrival at the airport. More information is in Entry requirements for New Zealand Citizens.
All other passport holders need the right visa to come to Australia. You also need to get your visa before you travel to Australia.
Use the Visa Finder to check which visa you will require to enter Australia.
For information on visa processing times, click here.
Photo credits: Tourism Western Australia
20% discount on ferry fares when using the promotion code IFEHROTTO24. The discount does not apply to the admission fee, hire equipment or any added tours. Valid for travel between the 18th and 26th of May 2024.
15% discount off all regularly scheduled tours. Enter the code IFEH at the time of booking.
Book the Optus Stadium Tour for only $18 each when you enter code IFEH18 at the time of booking.
Welcome to Perth City - the Capital of Western Australia.
Perth's superb position on the banks of the Swan River (Derbarl Yerrigan) and nearby hectares of natural bushland in Kings Park make for a city centred on the great outdoors and perfect for sightseeing.
However, there's more to the west coast capital than great sunshine and a sparkling river. A new cosmopolitan perspective and economic growth has given Perth a cultural confidence which is making its mark on the city skyline and on other aspects of urban life.
Places to Visit in Perth
- Get back to nature at Kings Park - home to the Western Australian Botanic Garden.
- Visit Barrack Square where you can see The Bell Tower.
- Explore the river on a Swan River (Derbarl Yerrigan) cruise or tour.
- Indulge in some city arts and culture at a theatre, museum or art gallery.
- Watch a gold pour demonstration and browse the gold shop at The Perth Mint.
- Dine out at one of the many small bars, restaurants and cafes.
- Explore the city and river by bike, kayak or Segway.
- Catch the city sights and attractions on a day tour.
- Take a free guided walking tour of the city with the i-City Volunteers or join a walking tour.
- Go shopping and explore boutique stores and international brands.
- Visit Heirisson Island - the home of a colony of Western Grey Kangaroos.
- Explore Perth City's Inner Neighbourhoods.
Click here for further information
Would you like to attend an AFL game while in Perth?
- Sunday 19 May 2024 West Coast Vs Melbourne at Optus Stadium, bouncedown 4.20pm
- Friday 24 May 2024 Fremantle Vs Collingwood at Optus Stadium, bouncedown 6.10pm
To purchase tickets head to the AFL website